FIRST LEGO League
FIRST LEGO League (FLL) is a result of an exciting alliance between FIRST and the LEGO Company. Guided by adult mentors and their own imaginations, FLL students solve real-world engineering challenges and develop important life skills.
FLL provides students age 9-14 with a hands-on, interactive robotics program in a sports-like atmosphere. Teams of up to 10 players focus on team building, problem solving, creativity, and analytical thinking to develop solutions to a problem currently facing the world – the Challenge.
Each August, a new Challenge is unveiled to FLL teams across the world. Over the ensuing several months the teams strategize, design, build, program, test and refine a fully autonomous robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS™ technology. The teams also do their own research, talk to professionals, and develop compelling presentations which relate to the Challenge. At FLL competitions, the teams are evaluated on their robot’s performance, their presentation, teamwork and robot design.
Key Websites to Read
- Main Site: https://www.firstinspires.org
- FIRST LEGO League (FLL) Main Site: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll
- FLL Challenge Site: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/challenge-and-season-info
- FLL Team Basics: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/team-basics
- FLL Start a Team: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/start-a-team
- FLL Cost and Registration: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/cost-and-registration
- FLL Global Innovation: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll/global-innovation
- FLL Resource Library: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library
- FLL Past Challenges: http://www.firstlegoleague.org/past-challenges