The Maryland FIRST LEGO League
for the 2018-2019 "Into the Orbit"
season will be
Saturday, February 23rd @ UMBC
Special Thanks to our Sponsors:
General Public Recommended Times
If you are attending to get a feel for FIRST LEGO League we encourage you to consider attending from 10:30-1:30 or later. Why? You'll have a chance to see the FIRST LEGO League Jr teams, then the opening ceremony, and some robot rounds. Of course we'd love to have you stay until the end of the day and join in the awards celebration!
Maryland FLL Championship Agenda
FLL Teams are assigned to color groups. If you are rooting for a particular team, please find out what Color Group they get assigned to, and sit in the stands near the pair of Match Tables for that Color Group.
- 7am - 8am: FLL Team Members and Coaches check in between and proceed to their Pit Areas. Note: FLL Pit Areas are Off Limits to the general public. Only Coaches and Team memebers with valid
- 9:00am - 11:30am: FLL Robotics Teams will proceed to Judging rooms. Judging takes place in closed rooms. Two adult mentor is allowed to observe the Judging from the back of the closed Judging Room.
- 10:00am - 11:30am: Junior FIRST LEGO League Expo. Twenty (or so) Junior FIRST LEGO League teams will exhibit their Projects. See teams of 6-9 year olds demonstrate that, yes, they can do science and technology as well as the next senior engineer.
- Exhibits: FRC, FTC,Tau beta Pi UMBC student chapter
12:15: FLL Tournament Opening Ceremony. Join our 80 FLL teams, FLL Jr. Teams, more than 800 young engineers and hundreds of family, friends, and VIPs to kick off the public event. The FLL Jr. teams will receive their awards as well.
We Welcome our Guest Speaker
Mr. Raymond Sharp
1:00pm - 3:30pm: Robot Challenge Matches (three rounds per team). This is the primary public event. You'll see the FLL teams competing in groups for the highest robot scores of the day.
3:45 - 4:15pm: Final Matches
4:30pm – 5:00pm: Closing ceremony. After a day of robot design, teamwork, and project presentations then three grueling hours of table challenges, all the teams are recognized for the efforts and key awards are given out.
FOOD (Refer to the Campus Map for building locations)
- The Concession Stand in the Retriever Athletic Center will be open beginning in the morning, and will remain open through out the event. *Outtakes Items sold at concessions
- Visitors can also enjoy food in The Commons (bldg. 13 on campus maps). Salsaritas 10:30am-1am (normal day, open early for lunch rush) - Located in the Commons building.
- FLL Teams and Coaches are permitted to bring their own snacks and drinks.
- Starbucks and Chick-fil-A will also be Open in the University Center, not far from the RAC (See Map!)
- Chick-fil-A 10:30am-4pm - UC Center
- Starbucks 7:30am-4pm -UC Center
- Einstein Bagels 12pm-4pm (open regularly) - Located in the Library.
- Paradise Donuts 7:30am-11am - Will be on Track area of the arena in the RAC
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Retriever Athletic Center (bldg. 32 on campus maps)
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
FREE parking for Parents and Spectators will be available in the loop, and Commons Drive.
Here are more links to UMBC Campus Directions and Maps: