The 2020-2021 Season will soon be underway! With two competition periods in our first fully virtual season, this years season will be a fantastic opportunity for future engineers to learn. See our kickoff video and presentation here.
Event Windows for Competition
January Event Window
● Completely asynchronous
● Teams must be registered with FIRST - $0 additional cost
● Teams will submit materials via video upload
● Teams can submit content for some or all aspects of competition, Robot Design, Project, Robot Performance, Core Values feedback rolled into Robot Design and Project
● Judging will happen over ~2 week window
● Written feedback provided to teams
● No awards back to teams from these events
March Event Window
●Teams do not need to participate in a January event to be eligible for March event
● Target cost - ~$25
● Judging will occur over multi-week window
● Teams will be grouped into qualifier pods for award decisions ○ Number of “events” will be dictated by number of teams
● Awards given during live streamed closing ceremonies
● Evaluating ability to offer both live online and asynchronous options to teams
● Anticipate ability to offer live sessions will be limited
Join us on Slack
Slack is a communications platform where teams connect, share and succeed. Get help fast on slack!
New Judging Rubrics
This season Judges will use new simplified rubrics. These forms provide valuable feedback to teams. Coaches and teams should take time to review the new rubrics used in judging.